Haruu Bastion lived in Viridian, he is from the capital Cathedral. Haruu comes from a long lineage of Knights who have served under the past Saints. Son of the Knight Commander, Haruu received the best possible training while growing up, making him a formidable opponent. He left the city in search of the person who killed his father and betrayed Cathedral.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Equipment
- 4 Abilities
Haruu wears mostly black clothing. He wears a black slightly oversized t shirt and light blue washed fitted jeans. He wears black bandages that are tied around his right arm from his shoulder to midway down his fingers. He also wears white sneakers. Haruu's left arm is covered in the Cathedral Knights armor. This armor takes the look of a modern fitted metal sleeve, comprised of multiple metal pieces with slight color variation but all shades of light grey. His military identification number is printed in bold black numbers down his forearm and maroon accents run along his armor. He wears a maroon cloth that is tied around his left bicep. The cloth was his father's, as all Knight Commanders are given a maroon cloth band. He has a leather harness that holds the sheath to his sword on his side. Haruu has pink hair as well as violet eyes. His hair is long and spiky, flowing towards the front. It is shaven on the sides and quite long on the top. He wears part of his hair in a smaller ponytail in the back.
After returning from the Temple of Light, Haruu's appearance is slightly altered. He stopped wearing the Viridian armor, although he keeps the maroon headband tied to his left bicep. He wears a beige cloak and wears a long sleeve black shirt with fitted sleeves. The cloak has extra material around the neck and is held together by a rope that wraps around the neck. He wears black pants instead of blue jeans and he doesn't wear the black bandages on his arm anymore.
Leaving the City
Haruu abandoned Cathedral after he found out that his father, Cero Bastion, was killed. The sword Roku, which was owned by Cero, mysteriously turned up at the gates of Cathedral with his Knight Commander's headband tied to it. Cero had previously left on a mission to discover the whereabouts of Ghost. While it was believed that Ghost had in fact killed Cero Bastion, the incident was kept away from the public. This enraged Haruu, who felt that the city was dragging its feet with the situation and not taking action to find him. He stole the sword and the headband and set out to find Ghost himself. He ends up working as hired muscle for money, and ended up on an expedition to the Northern Continent with a Yusparian trading company. On this trip, he met Raiken Hariko.
Search for Power
After the Sirisian War, Haruu did not return to Viridian. He was heavily affected by the death of his childhood friend Kai and disappeared after the war had died down. Saint Duren, a friend to his late parents and who had also recognized Haruu's strength, sent Mugen to go find him and help him recover from the loss. After gathering information Mugen found out that Haruu had been fighting in the Miracle City Bloodhouse. Haruu had spent months in the bloodhouse, seeking strong opponents to help him cope with his overpowering sense of weakness since he couldn't save his loved ones. Eventually, Mugen helps him get back on his feet and seek out a path of strength, leading him to many challenges and locations such as training with Exalted and ultimately to the Temple of Light.
Meeting Mizzor and Loteliss
Haruu meets Mizzor and Loteliss, two powerful Exalted, in a secluded section of the Gordros mountains in Viridian. The pair helps him to better his lightning affinity and make it more powerful as well as have increased control by teaching him lightning channeling. This is a form of internal energy manipulation that focuses on inner peace when controlling your affinity and aims to remove all emotion and external forces. From these teachings, he was also able to learn the fabled black lightning art as well.
The Temple of Light
After some time had passed since leaving Cathedral again after the Sirisian War, Haruu arrives at the Temple of Light. From a young age, Haruu had only trained his lightning affinity since house Bastion was known for their exceptionally skilled lightning users and ignored his light affinity. Once at the temple, he learned the old Viridi ways of light manipulation, allowing for intricate control over the shape of the affinity. While at the Temple of Light, he also learns calming methods that help him control the rage of his Ruin blood, allowing him to eventually bring the power out as he needs it.
Haruu is in possession of Roku, one of the six blades of Aren. These are mythical Viridi weapons that have been passed down through generations of warriors. Initially, Haruu only has the sixth sword, roku, which he stole from the city after it was discovered in front of the gates. The sword belonged to his father so he felt it rightfully belonged to him. Eventually throughout his adventures, Haruu obtains all six swords.
Haruu has an item known as a devil's pot, a common item among Viridi nobility that is able to trap a certain affinity in the pot so that the target can no longer use it. Haruu's mother was able to make a special devil's pot to store the ruin powers within Haruu. This pot does not look like the generic ones and looks more akin to an ancient pot with a sealing tag on it. He wears the pot tied to the sheath of his sword. Eventually, the pot breaks when he fully obtains his ruin powers.
Monkung is a sword fighting style that was made famous by Viridian royalty. This fighting style has a specific stance, where the user holds the blade horizontally in front of their chest, with one hand right beneath the guard of the blade and one hand pressed on the back of the blade. Haruu is an especially proficient user of this technique.
Haruu has the power of lightning which is common for where he lives. Although having a common power, he is quite proficient in its uses. He uses his powers to make lightning constructs for combat and miscellaneous uses. The unique way in which lightning is used by Haruu is from a technique taught exclusively in Goldspire, the palace in Cathedral. All children labeled with elite element control and who posses lightning affinities are taught this method from a young age. His lightning has a pale yellow color to it.
After an encounter with the Exalted Mizzor and Lotelis, Haruu learned how to use a style of using the lightning affinity called lightning channeling. This involves fluid motions and controlling the energy within one's own body by clearing their mind and achieving a certain level of inner focus that allows them to feel the course and flow of their energy. This enhances all aspects of the affinity.
Black Lightning Art
After learning the lightning channeling style from the Exalted he met in the Gordros, Haruu was also taught the fabled black lightning art. This art is said to be the strongest out of pure lightning affinity arts and has incredible destructive power. Because of the nature of this art, it is nearly impossible to control it at distance.
Haruu is later able to apply light to his lightning techniques. This gives him better construct control, as he is able to make more intricate structures that have much more defensive and offensive capabilities. His lightning and light combination structures are heavenly white in color, with some pieces being his normal pale yellow lightning color. These constructs appear to almost glow with a holy aura. He wasn't able to use his light abilities very well until after he visited the Temple of Light.
Haruu learned the oracle art from Bellamy Auguste while in the Saint's Guard. He developed this ability well, being able to switch between ocular techniques with ease during the course of a battle.
Haruu is of Ruin blood and has the curse of ruin, as evidenced by his violet eyes. His mother was able to stop the sickness by having a special devil's pot made that was able to take away the ruin curse. After the pot breaks and he overcomes the curse of ruin that gives the sickness, he is able to consistently open the second release with minimal strain on his body. In Haruu's third release, he becomes immune to lightning and electricity, and becomes a sort of lightning rod, being able to attract lightning and electricity towards him. It should be noted that while he is immune to purely electric attacks, techniques based off mixed affinities still affect him.
All Things End
A very powerful art that is one half of the Arts of Balance, with the other being All Things Begin. This extremely powerful art is centered around the strength of the users body, requiring constant physical training in order to ensure the art remains at it's most powerful. This pitch black art physically manifests as both the dark cover and as the black lance, Shinigami. Shinigami is made of pure black energy. Fabled to be able to split a planet, this weapon is said to be able to cut through anything and well beyond its own length, determined by the amount of energy focused into it. The dark cover is teleportation energy itself, giving Haruu the ability to "shift" things in and out of a void nonexistent in any known plane. The amount of energy required to shift something exponentially correlates with the mass of the object and it's energy resistance. All things end also gives complete knowledge of the archaic art of teleportation, allowing Haruu to teleport anywhere he can see without using the hand symbol. This also as a direct correlation between the energy required and distance traveled. Inanimate objects are This art becomes stronger as Haruu gets closer to Raiken, the holder of All Things Begin, as the resonance of their souls is greater.
- Lightning Form - This is Haruu's ability to craft objects out of his lightning. He can use these lightning constructs during the course of battle. Eventually, he is able to imbue these constructs with his light affinity as well.
- Lightning Form: Weapon Creation - Haruu emits lightning from a certain part of his body, usually his palms, and the lightning created forms into the shape of a weapon. He usually shapes his lightning into the form of a scythe the length of his body or a katana, but he can form any weapon to fit the circumstance. The creation acts as if it were made out of a solid material. Haruu also uses this ability to create shields and other barriers to protect himself.
- Lightning Form: Cloud Cannon - Haruu charges lightning into his arms, and shoots the lightning forward. As he charges, lightning bounces around on his arms, and when he fires the lighting on his arms takes shape for a couple of seconds, forming a lightning cannon. He can also use one arm to fire off this technique, but it isn't quite as strong.
- Lightning Form: Shield - Haruu forms a large shield out of his lightning. This shield can protect from most abilities.
- Lightning Form: Lance of Light - Haruu creates a lance made out of his lightning and fuses his light with it and throws it, causing a large damaging explosion on impact.
- Black Lightning Axe - Haruu charges his hand with black lightning and swings it in a chopping motion. The destructive power of the lightning causes devastation and electrical burns to whatever is touched. The amount of force he uses for this technique increases its power as well.
- Black Lightning Nerve Sever - Haruu can target and sever nerves, causing extreme pain and the loss of whichever nerve he was targeting. He must be extremely precise with this technique in order to completely destroy the nerve.
- Atomic Cancellation - This technique requires an enormous amount of energy to be concentrated into the palm of the user's hand. By focusing black lightning to a focal point in the center of the palm, Haruu can cancel out the electric field of atoms, disintegrating the target instantaneously. On top of the vast amount of energy required to use this technique, if the condensed ball of black lightning is held for too long it can start to backfire on the user as well.
- Andromeda Form - This is an upgraded version of Haruu's lightning form, where he uses his light and lightning in conjunction in order to create highly detailed form items. This later becomes his main form of fighting.
- Andromeda From: Quicksilver Gatling Gun - An advanced combination technique that Haruu performs with Raiken Hariko. Raiken generates and multiplies his quicksilver rods and arranges them in a circle, resembling the barrels of a Gatling gun. Haruu then uses his Andromeda form to connect them with a lightning mechanism. The rods begin to spin rapidly and multiply rods in the center, where they gun fires lightning charged quicksilver rods at ultra fast speeds.
- Heavenly Brahma Gates: Binding - Haruu clasps his hands together and an ornate tori gate made of his light and lightning comes down around the neck of the person it is cast on. Once the gate is on the neck of the target, chains shoot out from it and wrap the target, effectively binding them.
- Heavenly Brahma Gates: Massive Binding - A variation of the Heavenly Brahma Gate: Binding technique that is used for larger targets or those with immense power.
- Magatama Rosary - Haruu creates a ring of lightning and then creates magatama beads made of light on it. This technique is used to block extremely powerful attacks.
- Body of Light: Lightning Enhance - Haruu is able to do what very few skilled art users can; he can use two enhancement abilities at the same time. By enhancing parts of his body with both light and lightning, he can move with a speed that rivals the speed of light itself. Given the difficulty of this technique, Haruu can only localize the ability to one part of his body, such as his feet for running or his left arm for a punch, and cannot use it continuously for more than five minutes.
- All Things End: Dark Cover - Haruu is able to cover himself with the energy from all things end, allowing him to teleport objects to him using whatever part of his body is covered like a portal.